Sunday, January 19, 2014

Blog assignment #1

There are many things I have heard about EDM 310, both positive and negative. I have mostly heard that you have to be able to have time management and that you have to be able to spend about nine hours or more each week with the assignments. Hearing that mad me worried about this course. But I have also heard that this class teaches you a lot. Many people have told me that this class is worth it and that you get so much out of it. I am excited to see what this class will teach me.

My fear about this class would have to be that everything is online. I have never really done that well in online classes. I am not really good at dealing with technology. I seem to always have the most trouble with it. Another fear is having to give presentations and being in front of people. I know that we will be in groups so that helps a lot and I know that if I to be a teacher I will have to get over that fear.

EDM 310 is very different than any other courses that I have taken. I have taken a few online classes and so far in the class is going to be the most difficult. Most online classes, mainly you just have to answer a discussion question and take a quiz. This class you have to do many blogs and group work.

The most difficult challenge in this class will have to be the technology. Like I said earlier, I have never been that good with it. I know technology is expanding and is getting even more difficult so I know this class will be good for me.

For me to address this difficult challenge with technology, I believe the most important thing for me to do is to me calm and not get frustrated. When I can not figure something out with technology I usually get all stressed out and want to quit. I am just going to have to keep trying and ask for help if I need it. That is another thing I am not very good at.

Stop

2 comments:

  1. I really like your picture, its motivational! I was never too good with online classes either and was really dreading the computer work in this class. I really think that it is worth the time and effort because this class be very rewarding if you want it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. "When I can not figure something out with technology I usually get all stressed out and want to quit." Ask lots of questions. Practice. That is the way you will become a lifelong independent learner!

    ReplyDelete