Sunday, February 9, 2014

C4T #1 Assignment

I was assigned to comment on Dorothy Burt’s blog, Manaiakalani. The first blog post I commented on was called 6 Years of Film Festivals. This blog post is about the Manaiakalani film festival. She explains how the film festival has expanded to two theaters over the 12 hours. About 3000 children visited throughout the day from different schools. She posted a video of some of the show from that night. The video had a few clips of different students on stage that were showcasing parts of movies.

On my comment to Mrs. Burt, I started off introducing myself and telling her about EDM310. I told her I was amazed at how many kids come to festival. I was very impressed at how many kids have the confidence to stand on stage in front of that many people. It looked like the children had a lot of fun. I told her to keep up the good work with the film festival.

The second blog post that I commented on Mrs. Burt was called Google Video. This video is about Google. This video explains all the pros of having google and using it effectively. It allows the students to collaborate with their peers, teachers, and adults. It has also improved literacy. She says that students who have access to the internet can manage their own learning and to be the best they can be. Google has made a difference to opportunities that they will have in the future.

On my comment, I told her that I completely agree with the video. Technology has come so far and is improving everyday. Allowing the students to use computers in classrooms helps the students learn how to manage their own learning. It allows the students to better themselves and be the best they can be.

No comments:

Post a Comment