Sunday, March 16, 2014

Blog Post #8

The first learning and communication tool I found was The Teaching Channel . The teaching channel is an online resource for teachers that have endless resources. It offers lesson plans, common core resources, and videos for teachers. The site is very organized and easy to search. The browser is set up by subjects, grades, and topics. There is also a very useful tool that you can ask questions to other teachers or colleagues. The Teaching Channel will be a very useful tool for teachers to use in their classrooms.

Teaching Channel



Another learning and communication tool I found was Edmodo . Edmodo is similar to a social networking site. It reminded me a lot of Facebook. Edmodo is used for teachers, students, and parents and allows them to find resources, information, or to connect with people from around the world. For teachers in the classroom it allows them to post grades, assignments, test, discussion questions, and quizzes. It gives the teachers to track the progress or their students. It also allows the teacher and student to communicate easily. Edmodo seems more social to the students than school work so the students are excided about using this tool. I will definitely use Edmodo in my classroom.

Edmodo


4 comments:

  1. Hi Briley
    I'm glad to see that you are very excited about using some of the tools that you discover in this course. I have seen a couple of videos about edmodo on YouTube, and I too agree that this is a great tool to use in my classroom as well. Good Job!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Briley, good job finding these learning tools. I also used The Teaching Channel in my blog post. It really is one of the best ones in my opinion. The amount of useful resources is endless. I've never heard of edmodo but from what I see in this post it looks like it could be very useful for a teacher. Good job and good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Briley, I will definitely have to check out The Teaching Channel. That sounds like a great tool to use as a future teacher. I also liked edmodo and used that one for my blogpost! I agree that the students find it a lot more exciting because it seems more like a social network than an educational tool.

    ReplyDelete
  4. "Edmodo seems more social to the students than school work so the students are excited about using this tool." Getting students excited about learning and interested is important.

    Good job.

    ReplyDelete