Sunday, March 16, 2014

C4T #2 Assignment

On my first comment I was assigned to comment on Lisa Thumann’s bog, Let’s Talk About Attrition Rates at Unconferences . Her blog is about her running many different useful conferences and has been helping since 2009. They believe that having only 50 percent of the registrants on a free event is a good turnout when they have many things to plan for like; enough space and food, free give-aways, and sponsors. There are always left over food that she hates to go to waste when they could have fed hungry families or donated equipments or supply to a local classroom. Lisa wants to have a plan to know how many people will actually show up.
On my comment to Ms. Thumann, I started off introducing myself. I gave her a suggestion that maybe she should start charging a fee so it would make more people to commit to coming. I also suggested making a facebook invite for the convention so you could have an idea of who is for sure attending.

My second blog post of Lisa Thumann’s that I was assigned to is Common Core Communities of Practice . Ms. Thumann starts off saying that their team has decided to form Common Core Communities of Practice and that we view learning and teaching as a process of collaboration, creativity, and sharing. The conferences will focus on improvement of practice and provide a collaboration onsite/virtual workspace for teachers. It will allow teachers to connect instructional practices and inspire creativity, gain in dept knowledge and take action steps to enhance teaching and learning.
On my comment to Ms. Thrumann’s blog, I started off introducing myself again. I really enjoyed reading about the Comment Communities of Practice. I told her that she is really inspiring how much she helps teachers. I also told her that now days technology is very useful in classrooms and to keep up the good work.

COP

No comments:

Post a Comment